Who Is It For?
• People who want to improve their empathy through better listening, negotiating and understanding of what makes people tick – and how they can reach win/win solutions when people don’t want the same thing.
• By the end of the course, participants will be able to communicate more effectively, by being able to ask good questions, and listen to understand before expressing their point of view. They will have learnt the essential empathy skills to have productive, mutually beneficial conversations.
Format of the Programme
The Programme starts with a very short pre-workshop webinar to cover the essential points of empathy skills, so that so we can use the time in the live online workshop to interact with each other and deepen our learning through experience.
Effective communication starts with understanding other people, what makes them tick and how they perceive situations. Empathy is one of the most powerful and useful skills to be able to get along with others and communicate with clarity and counter resistance or misunderstanding of your message.
Online ‘Empathy Skills’ workshop
The online workshop is highly interactive and will provide an opportunity to practice empathy skills and learn from your own experience and from others on the workshop.
This online workshop (10am-12pm) on Empathy Skills covers:
How to get on with ‘difficult’ people
Having a win/win mindset
How to be a good listener
Understand first, then be understood
Summarising, reflecting & paraphrasing
Being clear about your needs
MBTI preferences and communication styles
Perceptual Positions to promote empathy
Following the session, there will be a 1-1 online coaching session with Caroline Hopkins to review progress and plan further actions.
What Will We Cover?
Online Group Session
- How to get on with ‘difficult’ people
- Having a win/win mindset
- How to be an active listener
- Understanding first, before being understood
- Questioning skills
- Summarising, reflecting & paraphrasing
- Being clear about your needs
- MBTI preferences and communication styles
- Perceptual Positions to promote empathy
1-1 Coaching Session
- Review of progress
- Discuss any issues affecting empathy skills
- Set further action steps
What is Included?
- Pre-workshop learning module
- Online ‘Empathy Skills'’ Workshop
- Course materials
- 1-1 Coaching Session
Cost of the Programme £249+vat
Course Dates for 2020
8th October 9.30-12:30
Caroline is an experienced NLP master practitioner, specialising in presentation and communication skills and has many years of experience as aworkshop facilitator. She was managing director of one of the leading PR agencies in the North West for many years.
She has written two books on communication skills, including ‘Help! I’ve Got A Presentation Coming Up’ to help people communicate more effectively.
Feedback from previous delegates
“Opened myself up to a new understanding of empathetic. I’d never thought to “seek to understand” before today and I think it’s going to be invaluable!”
Howorth Air Technology
“I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop and I’d wholeheartedly recommend it to others. There were takeaway points I can start to implement straight away.”
“This has been a very beneficial workshop for my role as a manager and I have gained a lot of new skills that I would like to start using straight away”
The Contact Company
“Thoroughly enjoyable and insightful course to help you understand yourself and how others may see you.”
NW Strategic Clinical Network